DISTANCE: 9.3km GRADIENT: Mostly flat GRADE: Easy
A popular commuter path, this is one that has been recently extended past Guildford to Woodbridge Stn on the outskirts of Midland. The result is, almost one complete path from Woodbridge all the way to Grant St Stn. Yipee!!
Unfortunately, Google Maps doesn’t reflect this upgrade, but it is easy to find. Once in Guildford town centre simply cross the railway line and you’ll find yourself standing on it. You’re home free!
Points of Interest
- Bassendean city centre for its quirky shops and cafes.
- the upper reach of the Swan River and its rickety bridge crossings.
- the town of Guildford with its antiques and collectables plus a gateway to the Swan Valley.
- the Guildford Post Office and heritage buildings along Meadow St.
- the Swan Valley Information Centre, Meadow St.
- Stirling Square gardens, Guildford.Often host to weekend markets.
- the striking Chapel of St Mary and St George, Guildford.